Fear Not! - Why Christians Should Not Be Afraid
In this sermon, pastor Dennis Smith explains why Christians should not harbor fear, and why faith and fear cannot live together in the same person.
If you struggle with fear of others, fear of poverty, fear of disease, fear of natural disasters or even with fear of the devil, please take 30 minutes and listen to this sermon.
Fear Not - Sermon Summary
- Foot washing – represents Christ’s perfect life of service
- Lord’s supper – represents Christ’s death, burial and resurrection
- We need never fear anything
- We can have faith in God’s Word - Bible
- Fearfulness is same as faithlessness
- Revelation 21:7-8
- My job, my finances, my future, what’s going to happen to me, my retirement, my children, the next hurricane, my health, ...
Why Jesus will let you go through difficult situation now
- Learn to trust Him – learn His word is true
- Learn to have faith in God
Fear is faith in the devil. Fear gives Satan right of passage in life – Job 3:25
Matt 28:18 - Jesus has all power in heaven and earth.
- Eph 1:18-23 - All things under Jesus
- Paul wants us to know this truth
Things W Should Not FearFear not what man may try to do to you: - Heb 13:5-6
Ex: me – Scott 3, two young men – 16 to 18.
Ex: Jeanne – Indonesia, terrorist bombing Australian Embassy - glass flying – "Jesus save me!"
Ex: Plots against me – lies – 3ABN 2nd time - Lay hands on, people fall down, foam at mouth
Ex: Indonesia – Muslims hate Americans, Christians. Young men and teens – bin Laden Tee shirts. Mosques preach against Christians.
Fear not what man shall try to do to you!
Fear Not Nature
Storm: Ex: Mark 4:36-41 - disciples in boat in storm
- Vs 40 Jesus asked, "Why are you so fearful?"
- Ex: Me – 2 large pit bulls
- EX: 8 yr old pastor’s son- AZ- rattle snake
Fear not disease or sickness – Mark 16:17-18
- EX: me Indonesia – drink or eat – not get sick
- Ex: seen many sickneses, diseases, pains healed
- Matt 8:16-17
- Tackacardia, asthma, lung tumor, arthritis, kidney disease, severe back-leg-arm etc pain
Fear not Satan in any form – possession, oppressions
- Ex: I’ve seen devils cast out in name of Jesus. I’ve seem oppressive spirits forced to leave in name of Jesus
- Fear not that Satan will overcome you with temptation
Fear not financial crisis
ConclusionJesus is sovereign ruler over all things in heaven and earth
- Over nature, man and Satan
- Matt 28:18