Living Without Christ as Mediator
Pastor Dennis Smith continues his series "Abiding in Christ" tackling an important topic that is, unfortunatelly, largely neglected or misunderstood by most of the Christian world today: how to prepare for the time when we will have to live without Christ as our Mediator in the temple in heaven.
According to the Bible, the seven last plagues will start when the judgement ends.
When Revelation 14:9-10 talks about these plagues, by using the expression "the wine of the wrath of God", it stresses the fact that this wine "is poured out without mixture", which means there will be no mercy.
These statements are very significat for our generation, as all the timed prophecies have been fulfilled and we are closer than ever to the closing of judgement and the seven plagues.
Many Christians like to believe that the seven plagues will not affect them, as they will have beep secretely raptured by Christ before they take place. But this is not what the Bible teaches. Christians will still be on earth during the plagues. Moreover, as stated earlier, Christ will no longer be their Mediator during those incredibly difficult times. How will they survive? What protection can they count on? We higly recommend this message, as it deals with one of the most important aspects of the Christian experience - how to become perfect before the judgement ends, and before the mediating work of Jesus ends.
Living Without Christ as Mediator - Sermon Summary
Those living when Jesus returns:
- Living during time in history very different from any other previous time since fall of Adam
- God’s mercy seen in world.
- Now angels are holding back destructive forces until God’s children are sealed by Holy Spirit (Revelation 7:1-3, Ephesians 4:30).
- Revelation 22:11-12 - all cases decided
- Seven last plagues fall without God’s mercy
A Purification TimeMal 3:1-3 - purification time just before judgment ends
- Ellen White quotes Mal. 3:2,3:
- Just prior to Christ’s second coming -great refining process
- Purifying process will cause God’s children to have spotless characters.
- Conquerors over every temptation and sin.
- Ellen White wrote of this experience:
- Character of Christ "perfectly reproduced in His people." Not justification only
- Christ’s perfect character being imparted to His people.
- Only way they can live in the sight of a holy God without a mediator.
- Keep us from falling,
- Present us faultless
- In the presence of His glory – 2nd coming
- Allow Christ to live out His life in us continually.
An IllustrationPicture two pieces of cloth that are placed side by side parallel to each other.
- One cloth is white, which represents the Christian covered with the “white” righteousness of Christ though not 100 percent reflecting His character yet.
- Other cloth is saturated with liquid blue dye, which represents Christ.
- Blue dye symbolizes His character, likes, dislikes, virtues, etc.
- As the blue cloth comes into contact with the white cloth the blue dye liquid begins seeping into and through the white cloth.
- As long as they stay in close contact the white cloth will continue to become more and more blue.
- In time only blue is seen.
- The blue dye has completely saturated the white cloth.
- White cloth did not work at becoming blue.
- It simply stayed in intimate contact with the blue cloth.
- Choose to stay intimately close to Christ
- Believe He will live out His life in us.
- His life, character, virtues, etc. become more and more a part of our life.
- In time only Christ will be seen.
- Situations that would cause impure thoughts – Now only pure thoughts
- Situations where anger would have arisen – Now no anger
- Where certain unhealthy foods would have triggered a craving – Now there is no craving.
- Christ’s sinless nature will be totally dominant in the life.
- 2 Peter 1:4 fulfilled in life
A Time Without SinWhen Christ no longer mediating
- Have to have attained a condition of complete victory over all sin
- No known sin in life.
- Not sinning in thought, word or deed.
- Christ fully manifesting Himself in and through us
Let the Rain FallVictory over temptation and sin:
- Must happen under early rain baptism of H S.
- If does not happen latter rain of Spirit no benefit
- We not have to take sin problem serious in life
- Brings spiritual maturity required to benefit from latter rain
- Necessary for us to recognize the latter rain of the Spirit when it is falling.
ConclusionTherefore, absolutely vital we:
- Take seriously God’s call to be filled with His Spirit
- Allow Jesus to manifest Himself in and through us
- We gain victory over every temptation and sin
- About complete victory over the temptations
- Necessary for every Christian to understand and experience
- If they are living when Jesus comes
- God is calling that final generation into existence today